Sunday, June 14, 2009

Now I know how Gilligan felt

Well, I´m back from Barcelona! It was a fun time, but I definitely found myself missing Madrid... my little home away from home!


Well, the hostal turned out to be alright... having community showers again wasn´t really my favorite part (I found myself flashing back to memories of Collins), but it was definitely an experience!


We got to meet up with Kathryn which was so fun, and Beth Ann´s friend Carolyn got to meet us in Barcelona! I´m so glad she came!


The first night, Robyn slept in her jeans and shoes because she was so grossed out to sleep in out little beds.... Little did she know, the next day she would fall on the floor on the comunity shower! hahaha So much for being clean!


Friday, we went to La Sagrada Familia we spent 9 euro to step inside a gate and be 2 feet closer to the church.... we didn´t get to go inside! What a bummer! Good thing Larson is reembursing us for our tours! It was really neat though. Kind of strange to look at since it is such an old building but still under construction!


Next we went to the Picasso Museum! It was awesome to get to see so many of his works in one place!


BUT I think the highlight of the day for EVERYONE was the CHOCOLATE MUSEUM!!!!!! The ticket to get it was a chocolate bar! They had really sweet chocolate sculptures...quite the masterpieces! They even had a chocolate Jesus.... (Pictures to come as soon as I can fix my computer!)


After all of that we went to lay on the Beach for a while and I had my first experience with the Mediterranean Sea! It was awesome! However it was also clothing optional.... what a trip. Topless was the main trend, however, you could also just take it to the extreme if you chose. We saw many a naked people....



The next day, we went on Fat Tire Bike Tours! It was incredible. We got to hit all the high points of Barcelona! However, what was supposed to be a 4 hour tour turned into a 5 hour tour... Now I know how Gilligan felt! Thanks Amy for popping your tire... not once... but TWICE!

They told us that we had officially taken the longest tour EVER! Excellent!



Last night we met some English blokes, learned some English sayings and had a great time going around Barcelona with them! We have met some really interesting people in Spain!



Well, fun weekend is over. I better get back to real life (that sounds so funny since this whole experience is not anywhere close to real life) and do my homwork!


More updates to come! And hopefully pics! I´m really wish I could use my own computer but, I one of the perks of the internet cafe is that they are always playing Kiss FM... its so funny to hear them singing in English... The Fray with a spanish accent... very interesting!

Well



Balle Balle Venga Balle

(That is a phrase Carmen likes to use when we are leaving...)


Spain Lesson #12: If you do choose to go naked on a spanish beach, you must disrobe yourself in a certain order. It must always be SHIRT FIRST. If you are seen with a shirt on but no pants, you can be arrested. ( this is a real law.... I did not make this crazy stuff up)

1 comments:

The Millers said...

Just wanted to tell you that I feel ya on the no AC thing! Ours isn't working right now! Ugh!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio