Thursday, June 18, 2009

Heraldo

Lo siento!!! (Sorry) I haven´t posted in a while!!!
However. I come back with very important news.... Padre´s name is HERALDO!
Carmen mentioned it casually at dinner last night... we asked who Heraldo was and she said it was Padre! I feel more enlightened, however, it was kind of fun not to know. Now I find myself conflicted as to what I should call him.
Well, we have a new roommate.
When we were getting ready for school the other day Beth shouted
¨SHOOT CAIT WATCH OUT!!!¨
The urgency in her voice made me think there was a venemous snake about to attack my vulnerable ankles. Needless to say, I took immediate action and in one swift movement went from the corner of our room to the top of my bed and within 2 seconds I had all my belongings on the bed with me. Beth proceeded to say ¨did you see that spider¨
yup... a spider.
Today we got to lay out! It was incredibly relaxing. Then we went to the park to go row boating... it was the ULTIMATE DAY remake because the first ultimate day got ruined.
In the midst of rowboating and laughter, however, Julie decided to throw a dead fish on our boat. It was legitimately a whole FOOT LONG. I seriously thought Beth and I were gonna vom in the back of the boat. Luckily Meredith got it out, but I had to thwart her plan of launching it on the ore back to their boat because I could just picture Beth and I getting fish slapped across the face. Sick.
We leave for Santander tomorrow. We are being forced to see one more cathedral on the way. (I´m really getting tired of them) BUT then its just the beach for a whole DAY AND A HALF! Heaven. Then we are heading to Bilboa to see the Guggenheim built by Frank Gehry I am so excited to see it! You should definitely Google it right now. I´ll wait...............
Cool, huh?
Last night Carmen made tortilla espanola for us again! We got so excited when we saw her making it that she said she would teach us! She also promised to teach us how to make Paella! So, whoever wants some legit spanish food come eat dinner with me and I will share my wealth of knowledge! Hopefully it will turn out okay. I dont have a good cooking rep thus far.
I can´t believe it is already the 18th! It is just flying by, before I know it we will be on a plane back to the good ole USA!
Well I´m off for another weekend on another beautiful Spanish beach. I´ll be back on Monday! Adios!
Spain Lesson #13: Every metro stop is different. Sometimes the conductor waits for a long time... sometimes you don´t even have time to get from a nearby bench to the door of the metro. Don´t be embarrased if you run to catch the metro thinking the doors might close on your heels.... only to wait 5 more minutes while other people meander on taking their own sweet time.... at least you made the metro... and still have all of your limbs.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio