Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Final Siesta

I can´t believe tomorrow is our LAST day in Madrid.
I have really started to love it here and will miss the people tremendously.
Even though they are EXTREMELY blunt: The other day Beth and I bought dresses at Zara... when we came home, we tried them on for Carmen because we thought she would like that. We went into the kitchen where she was and she got excited and then said ¨I like Beths better¨. Ouch. She said that mine was happy and colorful... but Beths was better.
We also had Robyn and Meredith come meet Carmen and Padre and right in front of them she asked ¨Beth, who do you like better Meredith or Robyn?¨ We all just kind of laughed. She is so funny. And she REALLY loved it when we told her how we had misunderstood the Michael Jackson thing. She laughed the hardest I´ve ever seen and then proceeded to act out what we told her happened when Robyn told us that he had died.
¨Did you hear Michael Jackson died.¨
¨No it´s his birthday¨
She has this special voice she uses when she imitates us. It´s really quite entertaining. I´m going to miss that lady!
Today, we took our last siesta because tomorrow we are going to be trying to squeeze in as much as we can! It was a GOOD one and much needed....
Last night we went to Kapital... a 7 story club. It is just kind of one of those things that you should be able to say you´ve been to when you go to Madrid. They have this one floor where sporadically throughout the songs it sprays this HUGE gust of air/fog. It was really neat. And it´s hilarious to get me, Beth Ann, Robyn, and Meredith in a club.... I wish you all could see the dynamics of THAT. Although we had a ton of fun last night, I have learned on this trip that I´m kind of a home body and would rather stay in reading than go clubbing all the time.
VBS has been going great and on Saturday I tie dyed over 106 shirts! I have no desire to ever tie dye again in my LIFE. I´m REALLY sad that we didn´t have VBS sooner because we have met so many cool people through the church. We have also gotten a few offers for housing, should we decide to come back to Madrid!
We went to the bull fight tonight...they say the meat from the bulls goes to an orphanage... it still didn´t quite justify it for me.
The first bull really wasn´t too bad. (they kill SIX by the way)... I think I handled it well because I mainly watched it through my camera.. it kind of felt like watching it on TV. (I got some cool pictures PRE stabbing of the bull). Then the second one got me. It was so horrible. I really thought I was going to be able to tough it out, but when the bull started throwing up blood I lost it. Beth and I ended up leaving... and our really kind hearted professor that is leading this trip made us each pay 5 euros to leave early. Even though that was kind of a crap move, I think it was 5 euros well spent. I just don´t know how people can enjoy that stuff. I can say I´ve done it but really, I would have been fine with not going at all.
Well, I fear this is the last Madrid update I will be giving!
Hasta nunca!
Spain Lesson #19: Do NOT go to the bull fights.
and just to round things off...
Spain Lesson #20: If you choose to go to spain... follow these Spain lessons very carefully.

1 comments:

The Millers said...

Your coming home tomorrow!!!! Whooohooo!!!!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio