Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Crusty Old Finger

Today was the final day trip of our Spain schedule... we will be getting to finals soon. (pray for me.... its going to be rough)
Today we went to Salamanca and Avila. In Salamanca we went to a two for one special Cathedral... Oh joy. Just what I love... two cathedrals at the same time.... BORING
We tried to go to Salamanca University, but it was closed for renovation: translation... closed for Americans. We saw people going in and out of it the whole time as we were standing there. Salamanca was pretty much a bust and we actually spent most of our time there sitting in a McDonalds reading our books reveling in the fact that there was ice in our drinks!
Avila, however, provided a little more interest. We went to the Monestary of St. Theresa... It was pretty much just like a Cathedral visit... that is UNTIL we saw her ACTUAL ROTTING CRUSTY OLD FINGER. Yup. Religious relic... rotting finger in a fancy schmancy case...
So. That was the highlight of the day.... a crusty old finger. Needless to say, I am glad we are not having any more day trips!
We start Vacation Bible School at the Baptist church tomorrow. I am so excited that they are letting us help! It would have been nice to sleep in because class isnt until 4 tomorrow but I really think it is going to be A LOT of fun. I´m sure I will get a funny story or two out of it. I just love little kids.
Anyways, our rivetting trip as made us slightly late for dinner. So I better go!
Ciao
Spain Lesson #17: There is nothing for you in Salamanca.
Something I miss today: Free Bathrooms.... you can´t go unless you buy something.
Something I am thankful for: In spain they listen to English radio stations like Kiss FM... All of the songs are in English. I am thankful for that. But I am also VERY grateful that in America we do not listen to Spanish radio stations in every store, restaurant, internet cafe... etc.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio