Friday, June 19, 2009

Im famous

When we got home from the park yesterday Carmen was so excited to tell me something.
It took me a while to understand what she was saying but she told me that Padre saw me on TV! I'm pretty much famous here now! He said they zoomed in on my face while I was rowing a boat.... He said he was sure it was me because of my green headband! He told me about 15 different times just to make sure I understood. People will probably start asking me for my autograph soon! haha Probably not. But I must have looked pretty spanish that day to have made it on the evening news!
We finally worked up the courage to give Carmen the peanut butter that we bought so she could use them in our lunches. She was really confused by it and thought we wanted it for breakfast. We ended up making our sandwiches for lunch at the breakfast table. We explained that we actually wanted them for lunch.... then she thought she needed to make us some.... well she ended up putting peanut butter on the OUTSIDE of a sandwich that was already made..... she got so flustered and Beth Ann and I couldn't stop laughing! So, she just added another piece of bread. Oh Carmen!
I think we may have been TOO excited for tortilla espanola the other night. We had it again for dinner last night.... and on bread today for lunch.... in addition to my triple decker peanut butter sandwich.
We have sneaking suspisions that Carmen is going to try our peanut butter this weekend and really like it! She hasn't had it before so we are hoping she does! We'll see.
We made it to Santander today! Our balcony overlooks the ocean. Don't worry. It's beautiful.
I love relaxing weekends!
And speaking in English all weekend.
And sleeping in.
and cereal for breakfast.
It's going to be great!
Spain Lesson #14: Hotel bathrooms sometimes don't work as well as the bathrooms at home, right Meredith?
Spain Lesson #15: The Spanish word for laxative is Laxante.

2 comments:

Alice' said...

I so excited that you are famous in Spain, or at least Madrid, or at least with Carmen and Padre!

The Millers said...

I saw that news clip too. The title was Crazy Americans have invaded Madrid!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio